By Coach Juan Rojas
Are you constantly seeking to be the absolute best version of yourself you possibly can be?
Many of us are striving to live out a life full of happiness and health. In every aspect. It is not just about being physically healthy but mentally healthy as well. In order to do this, it is crucial that we have a lifestyle that is constantly leading us towards this goal. Living a lifestyle where we prioritize and maximize health and fitness can oftentimes become overwhelming though.
Not only is there a huge amount of information out there and "guru's", but there is also 2 schools of thought. Those who rely purely on science and if science doesn't prove a certain thought process then it is completely useless. Then there are those on other side of the coin where they believe science has a very small role and practical application is the only thing that matters. The reality is that oftentimes the best route is the one in between. Many of the top guru's use a strong foundation of science to apply these principles and then draw conclusions due to the outcomes.
Thanks to social media, many of these guru's are now able to share their knowledge with the masses which allows for many of us to learn about many important topics. From the importance of taking care of our gut, to learning the most effective training principles, all the way to the importance of rest and sleep to muscle growth. The amount of information from many of these educated individuals out there is golden. Many people even get ready for bodybuilding shows on their own by purely learning through these individuals social media account. Although it is not customized to exactly what you may need, you can always learn more and through trial and error find techniques that can help your progress. These are the top 5 guys to follow on Instagram and/or Youtube if you want to learn on how to transform your physique:
1. Ben Pakulski (@Bpakfitness). Ben Pakulski was a top 10 Mr. Olympia competitor at one point and is a mastermind when it comes to overcoming genetics, building muscle and burning body fat. In recent years, Ben has retired from bodybuilding and has a podcast that is absolutely brilliant called the Muscle Expert Podcast. It focuses on living out your greatest life in every possible aspect from lifestyle, to health, to fitness.
2. John Meadows (@MountainDog1). John Meadows is one of the most intelligent and hard working fitness icons on this planet. John constantly posts free content for people to learn about health and fitness in a NO BS way. John uses a scientific approach but explains it in a very simple way for the general public to understand.
3. Joe Bennet (@Hypertrophycoach). Joe is one of the best trainers on this planet. He focuses heavily on proper execution of exercises and maximizing your time in the gym. your mind will be blown when you watch just 1 minute of this man's videos.
4. Dr. Jacob Wilson (@themusclephd). Dr. Wilson is a professor at the University of Tampa and works heavily with athlete's. Here he studies daily the science of building muscle and burning fat. Dr. Wilson is constantly posting studies and cases that show us the science of the most optimal things to do in your life and in the gym in order to see the best possible progress.
5. Dr. Brad Schoenfeld (@Bradschoenfeldphd). This gentleman is another one of the greatest minds in the world. Dr. Schoenfeld may be the most educated man on this planet on building muscle and burning fat. His social media is full of studies and tips that debunk myths about looking your best.
Make sure to go follow these gentlemen if your goal is to learn as much as you can about having the greatest possible physique. Although there are many more great men and women out there educating the masses, I wanted to just narrow down the top 5. As much as there is so much good information out there, there is also a lot of bad information out there. Make sure to educate yourself as much as you can in order to be the best that you possibly can!
With the pursuit of achieving the best possible physique and helping hundreds of clients do the same, Juan Rojas has dedicated his life to finding the best strategies for transforming human bodies. Constant research, trial and error and continous education in the exercise physiology and nutrition field, Juan Rojas thrives off finding the most efficient ways to transform your body and live a happier and healthier lifestyle.